About the Founder and Managing Editor
Hi, I’m Katie! I am the Founder and Managing Editor of our South Denver Moms site. We live in Littleton and have a 3 1/2 year old, Willa and 10 month old, Elliot and a 5 year-old Lakeland Terrier, Pete. We moved to Colorado from New York in 2017 after having our oldest, Willa, to be closer to family and (finally!) have more space. After being in Human Resources for New York based companies for over 10 years, I decided to take a break and focus on family after having our second, Elliot. Now, as a stay-at-home mom, I was looking for something to use my creative side, while engaging and supporting other moms/women. I found The Local Moms Network through HeyMama and was thrilled to develop their South Denver network/site. I have already met so many amazing women and can’t wait to see what this community evolves into in the coming months and years.
About The South Denver Moms Network
The purpose of The South Denver Moms Network is to provide moms and families with a resource site of both local events and information, along with some National content, in hopes to give the gift of time! Let us do the research for you. We will research different events, activities, local specific topics, etc., and report back to you. We currently cover the towns of Littleton, Highlands Ranch, Centennial, Greenwood Village, Cherry Hills, Lone Tree and Englewood. We hope to expand soon!
The following areas will be covered on the site reguarly:
- Local Resources: Initially this will include a list of local dentists, doctors, schools, fitness studios and information for new moms. (* Note: This isn’t meant to be comprehensive, but based on our research are the more highly ranked and most popular in our areas. The thought is to provide a condensed list so that it is not as overwhelming as a regular Google search for “South Denver Dentists,” for example. We would love to hear from you at [email protected] if you have a local business that should be highlighted. )
- Events: Local kids and family-friendly activities/events that will be updated on a regular and ongoing basis.
- Blog Posts: This content will vary and be both local and national. It will focus on family, kids and women specific topics. In my opinion, this is what makes our network different. We will cover all sorts of topics.
- Meet A Mom Features: We will highlight moms on a regular basis to celebrate either their business and/or something they are passionate about.
- Monthly Digest: Sent out on a monthly basis, this will be a roundup of what we’ve featured over the last month and include articles from around the web that we feel are of interest and relevant for our readers/followers.
This is just a general recap of what our site will provide! We hope you enjoy!