Last week we through together such an easy pasta dish that was delicious both for dinner and lunch the next day. The original recipe came from the Domestikated Life Blog here. We love her content! We made a few minor tweaks of our own (given what we had in terms of ingredients) and it turned out lovely.
- 15 Oz Can Of Chickpeas
- ¼ Cup Of Pine Nuts
- ½ Lb. Of Farfalle Pasta
- ¼ Cup Of Frozen Peas
- 1 Tbsp Of Garlic, Finely Minces
- ¼ Cup Of Olive Oil, Plus More For Drizzling
- 1 Tbsp Of Red Wine Vinegar
- 1 Tbsp Parsley
- ¼ Cup Of Shaved Parmesan Cheese
- Salt And Pepper to taste
- Preheat Oven To 425 Degrees. On A Rimmed Baking Sheet, Arrange The Chickpeas, Drizzle Lightly With Olive Oil And Season With Salt And Pepper. Roast For 20 Minutes, During The Last 2 Minutes Add The Pine Nuts To The Pan To Lightly Toast Them. Remove Cooked Chickpeas And Toasted Pine Nuts From The Oven And Set Aside To Cool.
- While Chickpeas Are Cooking, Bring A Pot Of Well-Salted Water To A Boil And Cook Farfalle As Directed. Microwave peas according to directions on the bag while pasta cooks.
- Add Cooked Pasta And Peas, Roasted Chickpeas And Pine Nuts, Garlic and Shaved Parmesan Cheese To A Large Bowl. Drizzle Ingredients With Olive Oil, Red Wine Vinegar and Parsley and Salt And Pepper To Taste.
Done! Now enjoy with a glass of wine!