We are all in this together! Or at least that’s what they say. Parents and families everywhere are starting to quarantine and, like myself, are starting to look to the internet for a plethora of resources. Whether it’s local tips about restaurants, shops, or grocery stores that are offering new items to shift with the times, educational resources since most kids are out of school or even helpful articles and/or stories to ensure we keep our sanity. We are here to help!
Below are some aggregated resources that we have found from a number of different places and wanted to start gathering to help you out! We will continue to update this on an ongoing basis.
** Last Updated: 3/30/20 6:50 am MST
- Free Educational Subscriptions – This amazing blog (that we only recently found) rounded up all education companies offering free subscriptions for the time being due to school closings. This list is VERY comprehensive!
- Educational Games – These educational games are broken down by grades and are super fun for a variety of age groups.
- Virtual Disneyland – While Disneyland is closed, take your kids on virtual rides!
- 40+ Toddler Activity Ideas – These ideas are awesome ways to entertain your busy toddler through the (very long) day.
- Kindergarten Printables – This site offers so many free printables for young kids! A grea way to keep them busy while they are out of school.
- Get Coloring Pages – This site offers great coloring pages for kids AND adults!
- Printables Library – This blog offers both a membership based library for printables, as well as a free option.
- Word Search – Here are some cute word searches for young kids!
- Toddler Printables – There is a wide variety of printables on this site. It offers anything from shapes, to numbers or even to letters. Print them off and enjoy!
- Daily Schedule – The Lean Green Bean offers a non-overwhelming daily schedule to keep some sort o routine during all this craziness.
Kid Friendly Workouts:
- Cosmic Kids Yoga – I tried this with my daughter and it was a hit! 15-minutes was the perfect amount of time. It kept her interested and engaged, all while we both moved our bodies!
- Spell Your Name Workout – I love the idea of doing this workout as you spell your name and your kiddos! And they are fun movements too. 🙂
- Peloton – They are offering the app for free for 90-days! We don’t have the actual bike but we have a bike and we use the app with it. Even if you don’t have a bike or a treadmill, they offer amazing workouts that don’t require any major equipment.
- Obe Fitness – This is a great at home workout app and they offer a free trial to test out their 4,000+ classes.
Helpful Articles From Around the Web:
- A List of Indoor Activities for Kids – We love The Lean Green Bean! She always has so many great resources for kids.
- Lunch Doodles – “Each weekday for the next few weeks, author and illustrator Mo Willems will invite kids into his studio at lunchtime to create some of his beloved characters.” They are free to join!
- Universal Releases Movies Still in Theaters – In addition to Frozen 2 being released on Disney+ early, Universal is releasing some of their movies still in theaters!
- Celebrities Going Live – John Legend, as on example, went live on Instagram and did a “concert” for anyone that joined. I hear that a number of other entertainers (and maybe comedians) are going to be doing this soon too.
We will be providing more local resources separately! We have a few local vendors that have already contacted us about their amended services because of everything going on. If you want to be included, please email us at email@example.com. We want to help in any way we can!