The holidays aren’t over yet! There is still New Year’s Eve ahead of us. Growing up, we always got pizza and then went bowling. Two super kid-friendly activities that were a great tradition. If you have kids, you may not want to stay up until midnight, so here are our 10 kid-friendly, hand-picked New Year’s celebrations…some lasting later than others but all are kid-friendly.
- New Year’s Eve at The Boondocks: We have been meaning to try this spot (we drive by it all the time). New Year’s Eve is the perfect time to drop by and enjoy the Boondocks. It is $26.95 per person 58″ & over and $21.95 per person under 58″. You will have unlimited access to Bowling, XD Dark Ride, Laser Tag, Miniature Golf, Go-Karts, and $5 Arcade Play. Plus there will be an all you can eat pizza buffet. This event is from 6:00 pm – 1:00 am.
- Noon Year’s Eve at the Boondocks: Looking to put the kids toe bed early after an earlier celebration. Head to the Boondocks from 10:00 am – 2:00 pm to ring in the New Year with a festive balloon drop at noon. There will be free noise makers and hats available and three hours of unlimited access to bowling, laser tag, XD dark ride, miniature golf, go-karts, and $5 arcade play.
- Schweiger Ranch Holiday Display of Lights: Still in need of your holiday light fix? Schweiger Ranch has their holiday light display up from 5:00 pm – 8:00 pm through January 26th. Drop by, view some lights, and then head to an early family dinner somewhere kid-friendly. This event is also FREE!
- Family Friendly New Year’s Even Celebration and Ball Drop at Buffalo Rose: Looking for a little adventure? Buffalo Rose in Golden is hosting a family friendly New Year’s celebration with a ball drop at 8:00 pm on New Year’s Eve. Click the link for tickets, which range from $13-$30.
- New Year’s Eve Craft Part at Kidcreate Studio Parker: This is for the older kids. You can drop them off and they’ll have a blast creating all the goods to have an awesome New Year’s Eve celebration like noisemakers, party poppers and festive NYE hats! Pack a nut-free snack and a drink and send your kiddo off for a morning of fun! Price range is from $24-$42 and is from 9:00 am – 12:00 pm.
- New Year’s Eve at Main Event Highlands Ranch: This is a newer location for Main Event and they are hosting a New Year’s Eve celebration from 4:00 pm – 1:00 am. For only $14.99 per person, enjoy all you can play activities including gravity ropes, laser tag, bowling, and billiards OR all you can play video games. Choose one or choose both, your pick! The fun starts at 4:00 pm, with a champagne toast at midnight! Indulge in our chef inspired menu with kids eat free all day with a purchase of a food item of $8.99 or more.
- Skate the Lake: New Year’s Eve Party and Fireworks: Join in a community celebration that includes ice skating, the movie Frozen, fire pits, and marshmallow-roasting. This event is $20 in advance and $30 at the door and starts at 6:00 pm.
- Noon Year’s Eve with the Children’s Museum of Denver: Another noon event to ring in the Near Year in a kid-friendly environment. Kids under 1 are free, 1-60 are $14 and ages 2-59 are $16. Unfortunately, advance ticket sales are not available. Purchase tickets day-of at the front desk. Coupons, guests passes and CityPASS are not valid for Noon Year’s Eve admission.
- New Year’s Eve at the Downtown Aquarium – Denver: It is a little drive from South Denver, but still worth it to celebrate the New Year early with the kids. There are two time-slots, 11:00AM – 1:30 PM and 2:00 PM – 4:30 PM. The kid’s activities including: buffet meal, beach ball & balloon drop, contests & giveaways, animal appearances, sparkling cider toast, and admission to the aquarium adventure exhibit. Adults are $30.99 and kids 3-10 are $22.99.
- Fondue Party with the kids at The Melting Pot in Littleton: This isn’t New Year’s specific, but kids eat free on Tuesdays at The Melting Pot from 4:00 pm – 7:00 pm. You will definitely need reservations. One child per paying adult. Each child will receive as many courses as the adult and adults must order off of the regular dinner menu.
Is there an event that we should know about? Email us at [email protected]. HAPPY NEW YEAR! Be safe and enjoy!